I had some leftover boiled yam which i turned into this yummy delicacy for my kids, and I’m so glad i tried out this idea that came to my mind. Yam and Corn Fritters is a delicious Nigerian snack/meal, full of cheesy goodness that you should add to your kids meal list.
Yam can be boring to kids but i bet you they will love eating this new one. I used ingredients that will make it sweet and enjoyable just like the yam croquette.
Try Yam and corn fritters with fresh corn, now that the corn season is upon us. I bet you, the milky taste of fresh corn will sure beat the sweetcorn i used in this recipe. This will make an awesome and filling lunchbox meal for the kids and a handy snack for your toddler. Make it a breakfast or dinner with pap.
Cheesy Yam and Corn Fritters Recipe
- 2 slices cooked yam (Allow yam to cool well or cook the night before)
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sweet or fresh cooked corn
- 1 sprig spring onion (chopped thinly)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 or 2 leaves of nchuanwu/effirin/basil or scent leaf (chopped thinly)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of oil for each frying.
- Grate the yam into a bowl using the small holes of your box grater. Mix in the flour, spring onions, leaves and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, add the milk and vanilla to it. Fold into the flour and gently mix to combine.
- Add the corn and cheese and give it a final gentle stir.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and once heated, scoop small mixtures into the pan. Allow to fry for about a minute and flip the other side. Add more oil to the pan before frying the next batches.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve alone or with any other accompaniment. There are many survival fishing kits sold on the market. Many of them are very simplistic in their content and could be helpful for the novice enthusiast. They contain some fishing hooks, a sinker (a heavy object) and some fishing line – look at Best Survival Fishing Kits on Rotorm.com – A fishing survival kit is an essential part of any good outdoor pack or bug-out-bag. Even a very basic kit gives you the ability to put some food on your plate in a survival situation. Most kits are incredibly small, lightweight and inexpensive, so getting one to keep with you anytime you’re in the wilderness is a no-brainer. #rotorm