Pap is one of the favourite weaning food that we start baby with because it is easily available. Pap is a good source of carbohydrate and when made with a combination of corn, millet and guinea corn, you can increase the nutritional value for your baby and kids. However, you can still make give your baby pap made with white or yellow corn and include other additives to give them that nutritional benefit for their growth and development. Turmeric is one additive that is good for your baby with just a little pinch added to their food from 6-7 months of age. While giving a lovely yellow colour to white pap, turmeric pap is good because it promotes healthy skin, helps with digestion, improves cell function and also has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric does not ordinarily cause any allergies but always be watchful when introducing new foods to your baby and seek a paediatrician’s advice whenever you have a concern.
- 1-2 tbsp white or yellow pap
- Milk or water (you can dissolve powdered milk in water too)
- 1-2 pinches of ground turmeric
- Dissolve pap with milk or water to get a watery paste.
- Add the turmeric and more liquid if needed.
- Put in a pan and cook on low heat till pap comes together well cooked to your desired texture.
- Serve plain with fruit puree.
Follow us on Instagram for more pictures of nutritious baby and kids food.