Homemade ground beans powder for baby is a simple and easy cereal that you can make at home as part of baby’s weaning meal after they clock six months.
Beans is one of our staple food and it is rich in carbohydrate and protein for baby’s health growth and development. It also contains other other nutrients including iron, which baby’s need once they clock six months.
I would always recommend making baby’s food at home because they are made fresh and you are sure of where it is made and what it contains. Therefore, it is always good to invest in a good blender or mill for grinding your baby’s food instead of using a commercial mill.
Also, it is better to grind the beans in batches instead of a lot at the same time. That way, it retains its freshness and nutrition for longer, as ground food loses these faster.
How to make homemade ground beans powder for baby
Watch the video
- Use good weevil-free black-eyed beans or brown beans. Peel and wash to remove the back which is not good for baby’s tender system now. Click here to get how to peel beans quickly with your blender or food processor.
- After washing it clean, spread on a tray to dry. Ensure you spread them evenly so that they can all dry together well. It takes between 1-3 days to dry properly.
- Blend well using a dry mill blender preferably or you can use a coffee grinder specifically for baby’s food.
- Using a fine sieve, sift the ground beans to get the powder and remove the bigger granules.
- Store in an airtight container for use in making baby’s food.