The hot weather is a perfect excuse to make this healthy banana ice cream for the kids, but it can be made anytime too. I have actually been asked for yogurt and juice today before I remembered I had some bananas in the freezer….time for banana ice cream.
The high pectin in bananas helps in giving them that creamy ice cream consistency. This makes it a very good alternative to the general ice cream we buy for kids and will certainly help to reduce the amount of sugar and artificial colours they consume. It is healthy; it is kid-friendly and a good way to use up your bananas before they go bad.
Healthy Banana Ice cream Recipe
- 3 medium Bananas – Cut and frozen
- 2-4 tbsp of evaporated milk or as required
- Toppings or sprinkles of your choice
- Put the bananas and milk in your blender, chopper or food processor and blend.
- Scrape the sides down and continue blending until it is creamy and starts coming together. No one needs to tell you it is done.
- Add your toppings and spoon into their cups or ice cream cones to enjoy.
You can be more adventurous by adding other things you like to it.
Don’t forget to share, like and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.