Banana fritters is one of those breakfast that you can easily make for the kids in the morning or pack for them as a snack while out and about. They are just like pancakes but the good thing about these fritters is that they are sweet without the addition of sugar or other sweeteners, unlike pancake. Banana fritters are also made without using eggs, so it is a good egg-free meal that is so yummy that your child will not want pancakes again after trying banana fritters. They are made with just ripe bananas as the main ingredient and therefore provides good nutrition. The more ripe the banana, the sweeter these fritters which seemingly have their origin from Jamaica in the Caribbean Island. They make perfect a finger food for toddlers and also suitable to be enjoyed by the whole family.
Banana Fritters Recipe
- 3-4 very ripe medium to large bananas
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1-2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl well and then add all the other ingredients.
- Pour oil in a pan to just cover the base and once heated, scoop in small spoonful of the batter to fry.
- Flip to fry the other side after about a minute.
- Serve alone as a snack or with pap, porridge, hot chocolate as a filling breakfast.