Fruit lollies are a healthy way to quench the kids thirst during the hot weather. It beats ice cream and very sugary drinks any day. The BanaZobs lollies idea came from looking at the leftovers from straining my zobo drink. I looked at the pulp and thought “what better way to use it rather than throwing it away”.
Banana and yogurt lollies are a regular in my household, so the addition of zobo gives it a whole new colour, look and flavour which the kids thoroughly enjoyed.
If you are still planning to make the easiest zobo drink ever, then you can kill two birds with one stone by making this ice lollies together with it. It is good for toddlers too, but you can leave out the zobo if your toddler is less than one year and just make a nutritious banana lolly.
BanaZobs (Banana-Zobo) Lollies Recipe
- 2 Bananas
- ½ cup zobo pulp
- 3-4 tbsps zobo drink
- ½ cup plain natural yogurt
(Equipment needed – Ice lolly moulds)
- Place bananas and yogurt in a food processor to blend until smooth. Divide into two bowls.
- Stir in a some of the zobo drink into the pulp and mix. Divide into two bowls too and mix one bowl of banana-yogurt blend with one of the pulp.
- Pour in mixtures into lolly mould in any order or style you like. You can alternate pouring in the banana mix, zobo mix or the combo mix.
- Cover with the lid and put in a freezer to chill for at least 5 hours.
- Run under the tap to loosen lollies from mould first before the kids enjoy.
Your comments and feedbacks are very much appreciated. Kindly click the share buttons and let your friends know about this recipe too.