These bread rolls are just sliced bread flattened with a rolling pin to make it ‘rollable’. I made these bread rolls for the first time when my brother visited and was also attending a training. I was looking to make him something handy that he can have at break time and saw this on a food magazine but with a crab filling.
Well, i can’t get myself to give the kids crab, so i instead use fish to make it as a lunchbox meal. This is easy and fast to make up, also you can get your young ones to have fun assisting you to flatten the bread with the rolling pin. To make this, you need very fresh and soft bread, so that it can be easily rolled.
Fish Bread Rolls Recipe
Ingredients (You will need a rolling pin and a flat surface)
- Fresh sliced bread loaf
- Flaked fish (tuna, salmon, mackerel)
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, tomato stew or any sauce of your choice
- Put the flaked fish in a bowl and add your seasoning, mayonnaise, ketchup or sauce. The quantity will depend on how creamy you want it.
- Place the bread on the board and flatten with the rolling pin in the same way you will knead you dough for pastry.
- With a knife or spoon, take a little of the mixed sauce and spread on the flattened bread.
- Roll the bread like you are rolling away from you and seal with a little butter.
* Substitute fish with other fillings of choice like chicken, corned beef, egg etc
**If you don’t have a rolling pin, a clean beer bottle can be used as a substitute.