I always like making a bowl of cereal or porridge for the kids as breakfast. It is always handy, fast and easy to make. As for oats, it is also filling and contains fibre, which helps to reduce the risk of constipation for kids. I have also read that oats helps to boost the kids brain power and probably help them perform well in school. You may want to read more about what researchers say about oats on the Examiner website by clicking here.
When i’m making cereal or oats, i prefer to sweeten them with fruits rather than sugar. This way, the kids are getting additional nutrition in their breakfast. Fruits can either be chopped, mashed or pureed into the porridge, depending on your child’s preference. Why don’t you try this banana, which is a good energy booster in the porridge rather than sugar for your little munchkins.
Remember to subscribe by joining the mailing list for more kid-friendly recipes and other exclusives coming up soon.
- Quick cooking oats like Quaker Oats
- Soft ripe banana
- Water if using powdered milk
- Cook oats in a pot with the water or milk until soft and done.
- Pour the oats in a bowl. Cut and mash the banana to your preferred consistency in another bowl, then add to the oats and stir.
- Serve warm alone or with preferred sides, for example sandwich, potato balls, veggie puffs or the egg pie.