I have to find another way of making my baby enjoy spaghetti and while not in the mood to use a tomato base, I thought of carrots. My carrot and red pepper sauce was really a hit and I have received lovely feedbacks on Instagram and Facebook from those that tried it.
Spaghetti is one of the foods that she eats on her own with relish. I shared a picture on Facebook where table manners had flown out of the window while enjoying the spags.
Self-feeding is good for babies and helps in their growth and development. It can be messy but it has good benefits which I’ve posted on my Instagram and Facebook pages…another reason to join and hang out with us.
Spaghetti Carrotti (nice name, right?) will not work without oil like the carrot and red pepper sauce, I thought. Nothing difficult in cooking this up and it is equally sweet and healthy. Serve with meat, fish or chicken but be sure to allow baby mess around. It is equally a good family food as i had my fair share of it too.
Spaghetti Carrotti Recipe
- 3-5 medium carrots
- 1 small onions – finely chopped or minced
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp purpose seasoning or mixed spice (optional)
- 1 cooking spoon olive or vegetable oil
- Scrap carrots and cut into big chunks. Put the carrots and spaghetti in boiling water with a few drops of oil to cook. Remove the carrots after about 10 minutes and allow the spaghetti to cook till it is soft.
- Blend the cooled cooked carrots in a blender to a purée. Also drain the spaghetti once cooked and set aside.
- Set a dry pan on fire and pour in the oil. Add the chopped onions and garlic to fry for a minute. Add the puréed carrots and seasoning and fry on low heat. You can add a little more oil if it looks too dry and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the spaghetti and combine well. Check for taste and cover for a minute.
- Remove from heat and serve. You can serve with fish, meat or chicken.