Chicken nuggets are kids pleasers anytime. It is an all time favourite once you take them out to a fast food restaurant and they fly out of the plates into the mouths as quickly as they are ordered. Chicken nuggets are also a perfect finger food for toddlers too, and as well a good snack. It can be eaten with some peas by the side to make it a complete and filling meal.
This simple homemade chicken nuggets is made with homemade breadcrumbs and i have a recipe here. I prefer my breadcrumbs because i know exactly what is in it and what my child is eating. You can try other breadcrumb substitutes too, especially the cornflakes or cheerios for crispier nuggets. Save yourself the hassle of going out to buy chicken nuggets whenever your munchkins request for it and try this simple and easy recipe. Also, for mums with toddlers, this is a good addition to their meals too especially the picky eaters.
Simple Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsps flour
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning or 1 seasoning cube
- 1 clove garlic
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken breast into small sizeable cubes. Add seasoning powder or cube and crushed garlic, then allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Coat the chicken with the flour by putting them in a transparent bag and shaking to get them well coated.
- Beat the egg in a deep bowl and also put the breadcrumbs preferable in a flat plate. Dip each floured chicken in the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. If you like, you can do a 2nd coating by dipping once again in the egg and re-coating with breadcrumbs.
- Pour enough oil in a pot for frying and once hot, fry the nuggets until well done and browned.
- Serve warm or cold.
Love this simple recipe? Please leave a comment and also share with friends. Receive notification of new recipes and food tips by adding your email in the box below.
Follow me on Instagram and tag me on your food pictures.