One of the ‘easy peasy’ dinner you can make for the kids. The best thing with this peas, sausage and potato frittata is that you can cut it up like pizza for them. also, you can substitute other vegetables your child loves, as well as use chicken and beef in place of sausages too.
This is a finger meal that contains all the nutrients your child needs in one piece or slice. Serve it with pap, cornmeal or oats porridge and you have your child ready for a peaceful sleep 🙂
- 2-4 small Irish potatoes
- 2 frankfurter sausages
- ½ – ¾ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3- 4 fresh eggs
- ½ cup for frying
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley or basil/scent leaves/nchuanwu/effirin (optional)
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes. Wash, drain and season with a little salt.
- Cut sausages into pieces and put frozen peas (if using) in hot water to defrost, then drain.
- Put oil for frying in a pan, crush the garlic with your palm and add to the oil for fragrance, then fry the potatoes until golden brown. Scoop out and leave to drain. You can alternatively cook the potatoes if you don’t want to fry it.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add the bacon, peas, curry, salt and pepper, then whisk together.
- Pour the oil used in frying the potatoes out of the pan, leaving only the greased pan. Then, place on medium heat and pour the egg mixture in.
- Add the fried potatoes on top, as well as the leaves if using. Allow to cook for about two minutes, then transfer to the oven to allow the top to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the egg is done.
- If you don’t have an oven, then you can reduce the heat on the cooker and cover the pan so that it will gently cook the egg well without burning.
- Serve by cutting into slices.
Leave a comment below if you try this and don’t forget to subscribe to Mummy’s Yum emails below. Join us on MOMY for more interaction on kid-friendly, healthy meals and more. Don’t forget to also like and follow us.
Have you signed up to Mummy’s Yum Newsletter?. Click here to subscribe and download your free pancake eBook.