These homemade crispy fried chicken wings are very simple to make for the kids and the whole family to give them that takeaway fast food enjoyment at home.
The best thing about how I make these homemade crispy fried chicken wings is that they are made with ingredients you can relate with anytime, also they are not coated with thick batter which is always the case with the ones out there. These are just crispy and crunchy meat to bite into.
Wings can be eaten alone, or with homemade chips or fries, or added to other foods like jollof rice and more.
Watch the video
Homemade Crispy Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
- Chicken wings – washed and cleaned ( I used about 1kg)
- Cornflour (substitute with equal parts of plain flour and cornmeal mixed together)
- 2 tbsps garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Onion chunks
- Oil for frying
- Put the chicken wings in a bowl and add all the ingredients apart from the cornflour.
- Mix well thoroughly and allow to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Transfer some of the chicken into another bowl and sprinkle with about a tablespoon of cornflour, then toss well to combine.
- Put oil on heat and allow to get hot. Add the onion chunks and once it starts sizzling add the coated chicken to cook.
- Fry for about 7-10 minutes stirring intermittently perfectly done golden brown and crispy.
- Toss the remaining wings in cornflour and keep frying till you’ve finished.
Easy peasy…right? Leave a comment here or on YouTube when you try this yum.