Mushy Yummy Peas and Plantain is an ideal meal for babies from 8 months and older. To encourage baby’s motor development, chunkier meals are introduced at this age so that they can start learning how to chew with their teeth…more or less their gums which are strong enough to chew softly mashed foods.
This is a simple recipe that does not require any ingredients more than the tuber and vegetable to give your baby a nutritious lunch or dinner.
You will need a food processor instead of a blender to make this. A masher or a fork can as well be used to mash them if a processor is not closeby.
Mushy Yummy Peas and Plantain Recipe
- ½ ripe Plantain
- ½-¾ cup Peas
- Knob of Butter or a teaspoon palm oil
- Boil plantains with the back on till soft. Leaving the back on while cooking helps retain more nutrients.
- Steam the peas with a little water for about 2 minutes.
- Mash the peas in a bowl first, then add the plantains and mash leaving small lumps.
- Add the butter or oil, mix and serve.
Note: You can make this as a puree for younger babies or why not try the Plantain and Vegetable Puree.
If you like this, please use the share button and spread the word. Also leave a comment and follow us Instagram. Tag us with pictures of recipes you have tried.