This homemade tomato sauce is one that you can use to mix up or cook baby’s food. It is made with natural ingredients that are perfectly okay to be given to babies from six months. There are no added salts or artificial seasonings, yet the spices and herbs used gives it a lovely flavour.
Homemade tomato sauce can also be used in place of ketchup or as a base for homemade pizzas or wraps. Feel free to add your own preferred herbs and spices when making it and also the quantities you feel comfortable with.
Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 4 big fresh Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tin tomatoes (puree)
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Small chunk Ginger
- 2 Spring Onions
- Handful Scent leaves/Basil/Nchuanwu/Effirin
- Fresh or dry thyme
- Any other herbs you may like (eg. coriander, mint, parsley etc)
- 3 tbsps Olive or Vegetable oil
- Chop all the ingredients into a pot and put on heat. Leave to cook till the tomatoes softens well. Don’t cook till the water dries off please.
- Pour into a sieve with fairly big holes and mash to get the puree into a bowl. Otherwise, you can use a blender to blend to a puree.
- Add oil in a pot and once heated, add the tin tomato. Stir and cook for a few seconds, then pour in the cooked tomato puree.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes and then bring down.
- Once cooled, scoop into your storage containers.
Your comments and feedbacks are very much appreciated. Get more recipes by clicking through the recipe index.