Make these plantain pancakes for the kids using overripe plantain,, and this is one perfect way of making use of it. Ripe plantains are sweet and overripe ones are ‘overly’ sweet, so you dont need to add any other sweetener. These plantain pancakes can equally serve as a family breakfast with a bowl of pap, custard or porridge oats.
Make this healthy and kid-friendly plantain for your toddler too. It is a perfect finger food for babies. I made it in two ways which you can watch in the video below.
Plantain Pancake for Kids Recipe
- 1 overripe plantain
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml evaporated milk plus more
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Oil for cooking
- Maple syrup or honey for drizzling (optional)
- Cut, peel and chop the plantain in small pieces into a blender.
- Crack the eggs in, with the milk and butter, then blend till smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, sift in the flour and nutmeg, then use a spatula and mix well.
- Grease pan with oil and fry in little scoops, allowing to cook for about 1.5mins before flipping over to cook the other side.
- Add more milk or water to get a lighter-textured batter for the rolled pancakes.
- Serve warm or cold with maple syrup or honey.
Leave me a comment when you try this and don’t forget to share with your friends.