Yam bolognese is delicious and all you have to do is make the bolognese sauce and add your yam to cook with it till its done.
Nigerian yam can be made for kids in various ways ranging from finger food chips/fries to snacks or breakfast ideas like the like yam balls, yam croquette, yam and corn fritters. Have you tried the yam pottage mash made with just carrots? It makes a delicious mash for babies too.
Nigerian Yam Bolognese Recipe
- 3 slices or ¼ tuber of small yam
- 4-6 medium or big Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoonful tomato puree
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 big Onion
- 1½ cooking spoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp all-purpose Seasoning or Mixed Spice
- A small finger/chunk Ginger
- Handful Scent leaves/Nchuanwu/Effirin/Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped bell peppers
- Water for cooking
- Peel and cut yam into cubes and leave in a bowl of water.
- Put tomatoes, half of onion, ginger and garlic into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place a frying pan on fire and add the oil. Once it is heated, add the garlic and the remaining onions (chopped finely), then saute till translucent.
- Add the minced meat and stir to combine and cook till the beef browns all over.
- Pour the blended tomatoes into the beef with the puree, thyme, seasoning & peppers. Pour in a cup of water and cover to cook to boil.
- Once boiled, add the washed yam cubes to cook with it for least 20-25 minutes. Add a bit more water if needed, check for taste.
- Once yam is done, use a spoon and stir well washing some bits of the yam in the process.
- Stir in the chopped scent leaves trn well and bring down.
Try other yam recipes here and leave a feedback when you do. I appreciate it. Don’t forget to share this post with other Mums and do join us on Facebook by liking our page. We are also on Instagram and Youtube. Follow and Subscribe for more recipe inspirations and tips.