A quick and simple sauce to make up in the evening after a very busy day. This corned beef sauce is that saver recipe that will keep the family thankful for your kitchen ingenuity to whip up something good in the shortest possible time.
Throw in some potatoes, yam or plantain in the oven, or otherwise get your frying pan out and make these to go with the sauce. By the way, you can equally make it in the morning and also add it to the lunchbox.
Corned Beef Sauce Recipe
- 1 can corned beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp curry and thyme
- 1 seasoning cube
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open corned beef into a bowl and using a spoon or knife, break down into pieces as much as you can.
- Put a dry pan on medium heat, add oil to heat up and add the chopped garlic and thyme, followed by the onions. Allow to sauté for about a minute, then add the corned beef.
- Reduce heat and stir to combine and fry a little bit. You need to stir on low heat to avoid it sticking on the pan and burning.
- Add a cup and half of water and the remaining seasonings (not salt) and simmer for about 10 minutes till sauce is not too watery. Add more water if it is too thick and adjust your seasoning.
- Serve with yam, plantain and potatoes. You can even use as a dip for bread and carrot sticks.
Love this? Leave a comment below and if you try it out, don’t forget to come and give a feedback.