Oats are always a healthier and more filling option than regular white flour, so combining both to make pancake strikes a better balance than using only the latter.
Carrot and Oats Pancake is a kid-friendly and delicious way of sneaking in vegetables into their breakfast or lunchbox. You can grate the carrots or otherwise cut up into small chunks and blend with the milk first before adding the other ingredients.
Carrot and Oats Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- ¾ cups ground oats
- ¼ cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey to taste
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavour
- 1 teaspoon soft butter
- Pinch of salt
- Honey and butter mix spread
- Combine and mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the grated carrots into the bowl.
- Beat egg, add the milk , vanilla and butter.
- Stir well and add into the flour and carrot mixture. Gently mix together thoroughly.
- Place a pan on low/medium heat with little oil and fry small scoops of the batter till bubbles appear on the top. Flip and also cook the other side.
- Serve warm with honey butter spread.
Have you tried yours? Take a photo and tag @mummysyum on Instagram and don’t forget to share with friends by clicking the share buttons.