Oranges are the most popular citrus fruits and as well contains a whole lot of Vitamin C that helps kids in fighting of sickness in addition to other good benefits. Coconut water is also a good source of potassium, contains less sugar and is a good source of hydration for active kids, which is way much better than sports or sugary drinks.
There are plain coconut water drinks out there, but be careful and read the label well as most of them have sugars and sweeteners added. Plain coconut water is less sugary, however the best is to get a coconut, gently break it and save the water. Orange and Coconut juice is a healthy, sweet option that the kids will love and it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to prepare.
- Sweet Oranges
- Coconut water (either bought or save the water from your coconut)
- Squeeze out orange juice with your juicer, squeezer or you can squeeze with your hand.
- If using squeezer or hand, strain to remove the seeds and bits.
- Mix orange juice and coconut water in equal proportion.
- Tip in a straw and hand it over to the waiting hands.
Note that if you are using an electric juicer, the orange juice will be thicker than that of the squeezer.
Disclaimer: If your oranges are not sweet enough, you are on your own o.