Waffles for me are just another way to make pancakes look interesting using the waffle maker instead of frying pan. If you read more about them, you may find out that they are different simply due to the consistency of the batter, but you can use this waffles recipe to make pancakes too if you don’t have a waffle maker…all join jare 😆
These banana oats waffles are made to be nutritiously healthy for your kids, with the addition of oats for more fibre and sustained energy; bananas, a vitamin and mineral-rich fruit and also a sweetener; honey as against sugar; eggs which is a good protein for kids, as well as milk. I made these waffles in 3 ways and got the kids to enjoy different tastes.
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup porridge oats
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tbsp butter (melt before using)
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- Toppings (honey, maple syrup, chocolate chips, milo or bournvita, fruits etc)
- Dissolve the powdered milk in the water and also melt the butter.
- Put flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Break eggs into another bowl, whisk well, then add the melted butter and milk.
- Mash the bananas with the back of your fork very well and pour into the egg-butter-milk mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the dry mix bowl and gently stir to mix them all together. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Spray some oil or use a brush to light oil your waffler maker, then scoop some batter in it to cook until done. Continue same way till the batter is finished.
- Top with some sliced bananas and drizzle with honey or syrup to serve.
*Add some chocolate chips or crush chocolate bars and mix into the batter before cooking, then sprinkle on top some more before serving as a yummy treat for the kids.
*Add a tablespoon or two of beverage like milo or bournvita (if you don’t have chocolate) into the batter to get a chocoloatey tasty waffle. Sprinkle some on top before serving.
*Get the kids to put a banana slice or two on the waffle and fold it like a sandwich or wrap before eating.
Get the pictures of these and more on our Instagram and Facebook page. Don’t forget to follow and like us there, as well as share with friends. Have you tried other pancake recipes on this site? You can also get the free pancake ebook by subscribing to the website.