You can open a can or two of flaked Tuna fish to make a quick sauce that will deliciously go especially with yam, potato or plantain.
Toddlers are not left out from enjoying this simple meal as they can either take it alone or you can mash the yam, potato or plantain, then spoon the sauce over it. The good thing is that there is no danger of choking on bones.
A great food idea for lunch or dinner for the whole family too. I roasted ripe plantain to go with this. Cut up your plantain, make some deep marks with a knife and rub seasoned oil on it before roasting.
Tuna fish is a good source of protein for kids but you may want to substitute or experiment with any other flaked fish.
Tuna Fish Sauce Recipe
- 1 can flaked Tuna Fish
- 1 small chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce – just for a little colour
- 2 stalks chopped spring onions
- 1 seasoning cube
- Thyme or other herbs
- 1/2 cooking spoon vegetable oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup water or a little bit more
- Put oil in a pot on medium heat. Fry the onions for a few minutes, add the tomato sauce and fish, then stir together.
- Add the spring onions, thyme or other seasonings, then add water, stir together and allow to boil.
- Whisk egg and pour into the sauce. Gently stir, check for taste and remove from heat after about a minute.
Like this recipe? Drop a comment below. Better still, please tap the share buttons and let your friends know..