I replicated the frittata in muffin cups and adding the noodles was an instant inspiration which I decided to try and it turned out just perfect. Since noodles have always been one favourite meal with children, combining it with plantain makes these muffin cups a ‘full and filling’ meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, school lunch, these cuties in cupcake are a winner for the kids…talk of eating noodles, plantain and eggs without any cutlery. Let’s get it done.
If you like this, then that’s another reason to subscribe to Mummy’s Yum for more simple, easy, fast and creative kid-friendly recipes delivered right to your box, in addition to tips and more to come.
Noodles and Plantain Muffin Recipe
- 1 pack of instant noodles – You can substitute with pasta e.g. the elbow macaroni or spaghetti broken into pieces.
- 1 ripe plantain
- 6 medium-sized eggs
- 2 stalks of spring onions
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ seasoning cube
- Salt and Pepper to taste
You will also need a muffin tray or small cupcake pans or moulds.
- Cut the plantain into cubes and deep fry or bake. Also, open the pack of noodles, break into pieces. Place in a bowl of cold water and cover to soften for about 10 minutes before draining.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the seasoning, spring onions, salt and pepper. Beat thoroughly and stir in the noodles and the plantain.
- Grease the muffin trays and pour your mixture into the cups. Bake for about 20- 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm alone as usual or with tea, pap, custard or porridge.
Love this recipe? Give a shout out below, share with friends, like and follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. You can also join the mailing list and receive the weekly newsletter update directly in your email box.