Simple sandwiches can be very easy to make up in the morning for the kids lunchboxes. Pack it up along with some fruits and drinks and you will have a filling meal to fill up those tummies before they get back home.
Canned Tuna is one fish I am sure everyone has made a sandwich with in many variations that I cannot even begin to think of. It is a very rich source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids which is essentially very good for growing kids. With its very mild flavour, I guess no child would be put off from eating it.
I added raisins for that sweet taste and being a nutritious snack which is rich in carbohydrate and dietary fibre, you cannot go wrong with this Tuna and Raisins Sandwich combination…just add as much as the kids like.
Tuna and Raisins Sandwich
- Canned Tuna
- Slices of Bread
- Raisins – add to their taste
- Some dollops of mayonnaise
- Get your bread ready. Open the can of tuna fish and drain the water or oil off completely. Put the fish in a bowl and add the mayonnaise and raisins.
- Mix thoroughly, scoop on a slice of bread and cover with another slice. Repeat for the others.
- Trim off the sides and the sweet stuff is ready for the tummies.
Love this recipe? Join the mailing list for Mummy’s Yum free recipes delivered right to you.