Yam Omelette is quite simple to make and it can either be given as a finger food to your toddler, packed in their lunchbox or it can also be as a side to meals like jollof rice for bigger kids.
- 1 small slice leftover boiled yam (you can boil a new yam if you don’t have leftovers)
- 1-2 eggs
- Handful of peas
- 1 tsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp ground crayfish
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
(You can add other pre cooked vegetables, grated cheese, deboned mashed fish etc)
Watch the video
- Mash the cooked yam into crumbs with a fork.
- Add the onions, peas & crayfish or other choice of ingredient
- Break egg into a bowl and whisk well, then add the yam mix to combine.
- Put a dry pan on heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Once heated, pour the mix and cook for a minute then flip to cook the other side.
- Remove and serve.
Leave a comment below if you try this and don’t forget to subscribe to Mummy’s Yum emails below. Join us on MOMY for more interaction on kid-friendly, healthy meals and more. Don’t forget to also like and follow us.
Have you signed up to Mummy’s Yum Newsletter?. Click here to subscribe and download your free pancake eBook.