This moimoi recipe makes use of tomato stew as an ingredient rather than using tatashe or tomatoes alone…thanks to my friend, Uka for giving me this idea. I added sausages to the moimoi to make it more inviting, tasty and something different for the kids.
The stew base can be made up immediately or you can use leftover stew which has to be a thick one. You can use my no-fry beef tomato stew as a base or simply fry fresh blended tomatoes with onions, peppers and ginger with a good amount of seasoning powder and cube. It gives taste to your stew without the need of frying for a long period of time.
If you have garri loving kids, try serving them with Garrinola, it is a healthier garri soaking…yes:)
Stewed Moimoi and Sausages Recipe
- 2 cups peeled and washed beans
- 1 cup stew or seasoned tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- A pack of six sausages (cut into chunks or shredded if preferred)
- A small chunk of ginger.
- A handful of bacon bits (optional)
- 1 seasoning cube
- pepper to taste
- Blend beans, onions, eggs and ginger to a smooth paste with water up to half of the beans level.
- Pour paste in a bowl, add the stew and sausages, then stir to combine. Add more water if the mixture is too thick till you get the a light but not watery consistency.
- Check the taste before adding the seasoning as the stew is already seasoned. Also, remember sausages and bacon are salty, so they will leach out some of those in the process of cooking.
- Scoop mixture into moulds, tin, cups or plates and steam for about 30-45 minutes depending on the size of your preferred cooking equipment. Alternatively, bake in a 160 degrees Celsius preheated oven till moimoi is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Don’t forget to comment and also share this with friends. Subscribe and receive notification of new recipes right in your box.