Who doesn’t love going out to one of the fast food joints for a chicken and chips. The kids are always up for that but I’m sure it’s not every time that they make their request that you will want to accede to it.
Get them comfy at home and make some seasoned homemade chips for them to enjoy. It will definitely not be the same taste as the store-bought ones because this one is definitely sweeter.
Homemade potato chips are also a healthier option than the fast food or even the frozen ready-made ones. I baked these in the oven but if you don’t have access to an oven, then deep fry and serve them up with some chicken, veggies and ketchup.
These seasoned homemade chips are a good and equally handy finger food for weaning babies and toddlers. Allow them grab one to nibble on and enjoy with everyone.
Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
- Firm and fresh Irish potatoes
- Thyme or Rosemary
- All purpose seasoning (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Oil (1 – 2 tbsp for tossing if baking in the oven or more oil for deep frying)
- Peel and cut potatoes into long thick stripes. Wash and allow to drain.
- If baking, put in a bowl, add the seasonings and drizzle some oil. Toss well to combine and spread on a baking tray.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius until chips are golden brown.
- If frying, just toss the chips with the seasonings and leave for about 20 minutes to get the flavours locked in. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
I sincerely hope you enjoy this and other food ideas from Mummy’s Yum. Share your thoughts in the comment box or send an email.