This idea of flattening a slice of fresh bread with a rolling pin, filling it and then rolling it up has never been so good. Kids that love sausages will surely love to take this to school or otherwise have it as a hearty breakfast with a cup of beverage.
When I saw a sausage bread roll recipe, I thought it looked awesome and actually made it at home. Making this version of my sausage bread rolls for my daughter was a flash bulb while in a morning rush, and without an idea of what to put in her lunchbox.
The sausage bread roll is a recipe you can whip up fast…just cook your sausages early enough or the night before so that it will be cool and ready to use. If you have tried the egg and pepper bread rolls or the fish bread rolls, then add this to the family menu too.
Sausage Bread Rolls Recipe
Ingredients: (you will need a board and rolling pin)
- A very fresh loaf of sliced bread – if it is not very fresh, it will be breaking while rolling it.
- Processed Sausages like frankfurters
- Butter or margarine
- Cook sausages according to packet instructions. I usually boil mine for about 5 minutes and drain.
- Put a slice of bread on the board and roll flat with a rolling pin. You can cut of the sides or leave them on if you wish.
- Spread some butter/margarine on the slice and then place a sausage on it. Roll the sausage with the bread and seal the end with a little butter.
- Cut and serve.
*Cut into tiny pinwheels to serve as a finger food for your toddler.