This wrap idea came up as a result of lack of ingredients for a quick chicken wrap and my basket of fruits begging to be eaten. It looked more unlike kid-friendly at first glance, but who said adults can’t enjoy my recipes anyway. Children do love fruits, so i am wrong and this will come as a very good breakfast or school lunch/snack for the big kids in particular.
A quick meal to put up if you have some leftover grilled chicken and some fruits at home. I used nectarine and apricot but any soft fleshy fruit like mango or avocado will actually taste good in it. Our local roasted pear (i wish i can see it here) is something i thought would be worth trying with it to give it that ‘local content’ or ‘indigenous’ flavour. Just add the fleshy part on the chicken and maybe top it up with some pepper sauce if you want that fiery bite.
The fitfam enthusiasts will also love this healthy wrap…permit me to call it a ‘Fruity Chicken Shawarma’
Fruity Chicken Wrap Recipe
- Tortilla Wrap (Also called flat bread or shawarma bread/wrap)
- Grilled Chicken – Season your chicken well before grilling inorder to get a better taste. You can use any part of the chicken
- Fleshy fruit of your choice – Avocado, mango, pear (ube), nectarine, apricot, plum etc
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Shred your chicken in pieces and dice up your fruits. Mix them with some Mayonnaise if using.
- Warm your wrap in the microwave, oven or pan. Put on a flat surface and place a little of your chicken and fruit on it.
- Wrap by folding the sides in, then roll away from you ensuring the sides are tucked in well. Learn how to wrap it well here.
- Cut into two and serve.