Plantains Plantains Plantains…fried plantain is a Nigerian delicacy that no one resists. It can be with rice, beans, yam pottage and many other delicacies. It can be made as a finger food for your baby and toddlers, as well as a snack for everyone.
Plantain can be cut into any shape before frying, so i cut these into long strips thus the name plantain fingers. A twist to the usual deep frying method, the plantain fingers were shallow-fried in coconut oil giving it a subtle fragrant delicious taste. I served the plantain fingers to my toddler with the Avocado-Ketchup Dip (recipe here)
Fried Plantain Fingers Recipe
- 1 ripe plantain
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt to taste (optional especially for babies)
Have you tried these plantain recipes too? Click on each to get there.
- Peel and remove the back of the plantain. Cut into two lengthwise and cut each length again to get about 4-6 long strips. Cut the strips into two or three fingers depending on their length. Sprinkle some salt on it if using.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the fingers until golden brown.
- Serve with choice of food.
Don’t forget to follow us for other recipe ideas on Instagram and Facebook. Get on Youtube too for video recipes and subscribe. Have you subscribed to Mummy’s Yum for notifications? Fill your details below.