Toddlers are ready to eat whatever the adults eat, just make it to suit their little hands and see them eat away on their own.
Introducing your child to a variety of food choices at an early age is quite important as well as the fact of drinking water mentioned in my earlier post. If you are interested in winning one of the Mini Water Dispensers, then pop over to the the giveaway post.
This Flat Wrap idea is meant to make it easier for the toddler to join the family in having a breakfast wrap. I used grated carrot and fish mixed with mayonnaise as my filling for the wrap.
Though made as a finger food idea for a toddler, it can equally be made into a breakfast for the older kids as well. If you do not have a wrap readily available, then flatten a slice of fresh bread with a rolling pin, spread your filling, roll it up and cut into small pinwheels. I have one on my earlier Fish Bread Roll Post.
Carrot and Fish Flat Wrap Recipe
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1 medium carrot
- Flaked Tuna – you can use any other fish
- A small dollop of mayonnaise
- A teaspoon of honey (optional and also not suitable for babies less than 1 yr)
- Wash, peel and grate carrot using the very fine side of the grater. Squeeze out most of the juice into another bowl or cup and make drink or smoothie with it for your child. Tip: Blend with some banana and milk for a refreshing Banana Carrrot Milk Smoothie”
- Mix the tuna and grated carrot, then add the mayonnaise and honey and combine well.
- Warm the wrap in a dry pan, oven or microwave. Place on a flat surface or plate and lightly spread the mix on the wrap. Roll flatly and then cut into small finger bites.
Participate in The Christmas Giveaway and get a chance to win one of two Penguin Mini Dispensers. It is on until December 15, 2015 and these Mini Dispensers will make a lovely Christmas present for a child, in addition to its main benefit.
Enter your email and receive notification of new recipes. Don’t forget to share with friends if you like this recipe please.