Egg fried rice is well known as a Chinese meal but you can make yours at home especially for the kids. It is a good way of adding eggs and some other vegetables to their meal.
Egg fried rice is simple, doesn’t take time to whip up and you can add anything you want to it. It is suitable from one year up. It is best made with leftover cold rice or you can boil rice the night before and leave to get cold before cooking.
Simple Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- ½ cup cooked cold rice
- 1-2 eggs
- ½ cup peas
- 1 carrot (grated or cubed)
- ¼ onion (chopped)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp oil (vegetable, olive, coconut etc)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Break egg into a bowl and whisk well adding a pinch of salt and pepper if using.
- Put a pan on heat, add a little oil and scramble the eggs by stirring it to break apart when frying. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil on medium-low heat, add garlic and onions to fry till translucent.
- Add the peas and carrot, stirring to get cooked from the heat. Add the soy sauce, curry powder and pepper, if using.
- Stir in rice, combine well and check for taste.
- Once done, add the eggs back in. Combine well and remove from heat.
I made a video which you can watch here