Carrot Egg Sauce idea stemming from the carrot stew or sauce, which has become an alternative to tomato stew. It is also quite a good way to get your fussy eater kid get a healthy dose of beta-carotenes and vitamins from the carrots.
I made this carrot egg sauce to be used as an alternative to tomato egg sauce. This thick sauce will make a balanced meal for the kids especially paired with fried plantain, potatoes and yam. You can combine this sauce with pasta or rice to create the perfect quick dinner for your family.
Cooking carrots brings out its natural sweetness and also breaks down beta-carotene fibre, thus making it more usable for the body.
Carrot Egg Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium Carrots
- 3-4 Eggs
- 1 small onion (chopped or minced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped or minced)
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- small chunk ginger
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ seasoning cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water or stock
- Cut carrots into small chunks and put in a blender with the ginger. Add a little water and blend till smooth. If you don’t have a powerful blender, then put the carrot in a pot and steam first with a little water to soften before blending.
- Pour oil in a sauce pan, add the garlic and onions to saute for about a minute. Add the blended carrots with the remaining spices and stir to combine.
- Allow to cook for a while while stirring. If it is burning, just add a little water and keep cooking for at least 5 minutes.
- Break eggs into a bowl, whisk well and pour into the sauce. Leave to firm up before you gently stir, so that you get the lumpy eggs. If you prefer not to have it that lumpy, then stir vigorously as you pour in the eggs.
- Allow the eggs to cook while adding a little water if need be. Check for taste and bring down.
- Serve with yam, plantain, potatoes or rice.
Your comments and feedbacks are always appreciated. Remember to follow and tag @mummysyum on Instagram or send us a picture when you try any of the recipes. Have you subscribed to the foodletter? Enter your email on the box below and get instant recipe notifications. You also get a free e-book of pancake recipes as a welcome gift.