Carrot-Egg Sauce Bulgur meal made with leftover carrot-egg sauce earlier posted and also some leftover cooked bulgur wheat found in the freezer.
You can recreate an entirely new and delicious meal for the kids with le
ftover meals. If you cook in bulk, then the opportunity to be creative will always be available. It can also be a great help in the morning when you are lost as to what to pack in their lunchbox. If you don’t have any leftovers to use, then just make a fresh sauce using the link above, then boil some bulgur wheat and allow to cool well before using.
Great substitutes to make this recipe in place of bulgur are rice, couscous or any grain-like pasta.
Carrot-Egg Sauce Bulgur Recipe
- 1 cup cooked cold Bulgur or Rice
- 3 cooking spoons Carrot Egg Sauce
- ½ cup Peas
- ½ cup Sweetcorn
- 1 tsp All Purpose Seasoning Powder
- ¼ or less cup Water
- A knob of Butter
- Cooked pieces of any of Chicken, Fish, Sausages, Bacon, Prawns etc.
- Set a pan on the cooker and add the sauce with a little water to heat up. Once heated, stir in the cooked bulgur or rice to cook on medium heat.
- Stir in the peas, sweetcorn, seasoning and cooked chicken or the likes. Keep stirring intermittently to distribute the heat and keep it from burning.
- Once the peas are cooked, stir in the butter to melt. Remove from heat and stir to distribute the butter well before serving.