Have you thought of using bread as a pizza base for the kids. Yes, this is a quick way of giving them that pizza-like treat for breakfast or a lunchbox packed meal for school. It can equally be taken as a midday snack especially during the holidays when the kids are home and always looking for what to pop in their mouth. Just get all their favourite pizza toppings ready to make them this, you’ll be surprised they will stick only to this if not learn how to make it without you.
I made this bread pizza base with the homemade tomato sauce but you can use ketchup in place of it…trust me the tomato sauce tastes better. If you’ve got cookie cutters, then you can cut the bread into any shape of your choice, otherwise you can just leave it as it is.
Bread Pizza Recipe
- Bread (preferably thick sliced)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tomato Sauce or Ketchup
- Toppings of choice like shredded, chicken, fish, ham, sweetcorn, bacon, tomatoes, pepperoni etc
- Preheat oven to 160ºC-170ºC.
- Grate your cheese if not grated with the small holed side of your box grater. Place bread on your working surface and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter, if using. Otherwise, just slice off the bread crusts.
- Spread a generous amount of tomato sauce on thee bread. Next add a good amount of the cheese too. Finish up with the toppings of your choice.
- Using a spatula, lift the bread pizza into your lined baking tray and place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese are melted.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve.
Don’t forget to send a picture or tag us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter when you try this or any of Mummy’s Yum ideas. Follow and like us on those social media too and your comments are welcome.