Oats is always a good option to add to your kid’s meal because it is rich in fibre and a slow burning form of carbohydrate, thus ensuring your child’s body and brain is supplied with a steady stream of energy. It is therefore a perfect grain to add to breakfast pancakes to give them that boost throughout the morning to perform better in school.
You can serve this breakfast banana oats pancake by topping up with more banana slices or other fruit of choice and drizzle some honey or maple syrup too. Make a cup of beverage, pap or custard to go with this too.
Breakfast Banana Oats Pancake Recipe
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup plain oats
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional especially if you are going to spread or drizzle some honey later like i always do for my kids)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¾ cup of milk (You can add more or less depending on how you want your batter consistency)
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth, pour into a bowl or leave in the jug.
- Rub butter or vegetable oil on a non-stick pan and place on low cooking heat.
- Use spoon or pour scoops of batter in the pan, Once bubbles appears on the top, flip to cook the top.
- Do the same till you finish the batter.
Have you tried this? I would love to hear your feedback…send a picture, tag @mummysyum on instagram.
Have you clicked the share buttons right below to let let your friends know about this recipe too?