Banana Oats Cookies are easy to make and also a healthier treat for your snack-loving kids. They are a good alternative to sugar-laden cookies and is also very lunchbox friendly.
These cookies are a guilt-free snack made with just oats and bananas. You can make use of your over-ripe bananas to whip this up in less than 25 minutes. Banana Oats cookies can also be given to your toddler as a finger food.
With the holidays on, this is one snack that can keep the tummies filled up.
Banana Oats Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup ground Oats (just grind oats with the dry mill of your blender before measuring)
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1 tbsp or more peanut butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until the lumps are smooth. Add the oats, vanilla and peanut butter, then stir to combine well.
- Place a parchment paper on an oven tray and spray some oil on it. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture on to the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till it is lightly browned.
∗Instead of peanut butter, add raisins, chocolate chips, crushed nuts or other fruits they like.