A refreshing and delicious way of enjoying milk, banana milkshake is so easy that even your kids can make it themselves just as they make their other beverages. Bananas are full of nutrition for babies, kids and adults; it is one wholesome fruit that is easy on the stomach and used to treat both diarrhoea and constipation. Have you tried the Banana Ice cream?
I prefer giving whole fruits to my kids but once in a while indulge them in smoothies. It is always better to chew on the fruits, so this is not an everyday indulgence. This is to avoid tooth decays and stuff which is caused by the breakdown of the sugars in the fruits by blending…i hope this makes sense. According to my Paediatric Dentist, it is best to take smoothies and sweet drinks with your meal, rather than as a snack on its own.
Banana milkshake and other fruit smoothies are a healthier option to give to my kids than fizzy and sweet drinks that give little or nothing to them. So, a combination of calcium and protein-rich milk with nutritious bananas is one good drink to make for the kids. Smoothies and sweet drinks are better taken with the main breakfast or with lunch or dinner.
Banana Milkshake Recipe
- 1 whole very ripe Banana
- 350ml Milk or you can use your discretion. Dissolve powdered or baby milk in water if using.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of spice of choice – nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. Whizz until everything is smoothly blended.
- You can add some ice cubes to it for a chilled drink in a warm weather or otherwise warm the milk before blending, if a warm drink is preferred.
- Serve as it is or you can sprinkle some hot chocolate into it for added colour and flavour.