Noodles is one food that I give my kids “once in a blue moon”…as my toddler will always chorus (lol). As always, whenever I make it, I think of what to add to it to make it nutritious and I have never ever added the sachet seasonings that comes with the noodles pack to make the kids food tasty.
Noodles should never be an everyday food for kids and mums should not give the excuse that there are no other alternatives. Browse through Mummy’s Yum website and see a variety of easy and nutritious meals you can make for your child. It does not on its own contain much as nutrition but you can make it a nutritious meal by adding proteins, vegetables and fruits. The fish stock used in this recipe gives this avocado noodles all the taste it needs and you can read all about avocado benefits here.
- 1 pack noodles (discard the seasoning)
- ½ ripe medium or small avocado
- ½ cup fish stock (how to make it)
- 1 cup water
- Prawns (optional or substitute with cooked meat, chicken, fish or boiled egg)
- Put the stock and ½ cup of water in a pot and bring to boil.
- Add the noodles and cover to cook till soft. Top up with the remaining water if needed.
- Once almost cooked, add the prawns or cooked meats, stir to combine ensuring there’s still some liquid left.
- Bring down, mash the avocado very well and mix into the noodles.
Leave a comment below if you try this and don’t forget to subscribe to Mummy’s Yum emails below. Join us on MOMY for more interaction on kid-friendly, healthy meals and more. Don’t forget to also like and follow us.
Have you signed up to Mummy’s Yum Newsletter?. Click here to subscribe and download your free pancake eBook.